Did you know where you hang your art is very important? Painted canvas and paper are very delicate. Original art is easily effected by humidity, temperature and changes in weather. So where should you hang or store your art investments to preserve and protect them? Here are a few guidelines –
NEVER PUT ART
- Near a window
- In a draft
- In the sunlight
- On an exterior wall of your home
- High on a wall (heat collects there)
- In a closet
- In a bathroom
- In the kitchen
- In the basement or cellar
- In an attic
- In an outdoor shed
- In a storage room without temperature controls
Where should you hang your art?
- In the living room, den, or bedroom (where temperature is controlled)
- At eye level
- On an interior wall
- Hang it straight! Hang the wire on 2 hooks placed 6″ – 12″ apart.
Where should you store your art?
- In temperature controlled storage
- A large closet with air flow
- Remember never to lean anything on the canvas of a painting, it will make a dent.
Hope this helps you preserve your art investments. If you have any questions, just comment.